A Naropa education cultivates compassion and inspires service to others.
“I chose the BA in Interdisciplinary Studies. With support from my faculty mentors, I’ve created a course of study that combines peace studies, religious studies and psychology. In between my studies I volunteer at BeadforLife, a program that assists women in Uganda to lift their families out of poverty. Visit my blog to learn more about my Naropa journey.”—Sherry Gobaleza, BA (2010) Interdisciplinary Studies.
The combined gifts of those who give to the Annual Fund have a lasting impact on the students who benefit from an education in which scholarly pursuit is accompanied by meditation and contemplative practices that deepen the students’ self-understanding and compassion for others. Your yearly gift to the Annual Fund will enable the university to carry out its distinctive contemplative education mission for years to come.
New: Naropa University GoodSearch Toolbar!
GoodSearch and GoodShop donate money to Naropa everytime you search the web or shop at your favorite online stores. Now using GoodSearch and GoodShop is even easier with the Naropa University Toolbar. It works with both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Install the toolbar today and help support Naropa!
Getting a new car?
Donate your old car to Naropa!
Contact us to find out how easy it is.
“The core of the MDiv is service to others. For me, service to the Naropa community is an important part of that choice.” —Douglas Seward, MDiv (2012)
Below are just a couple of the ways you can be part of the Naropa community.
- Provide internship opportunities for our students and alumni. Recruit students and alumni for internship, volunteer, and employment opportunities. Visit the Career Services web page to learn more.
- Join the Naropa International Network and become a “go to” person for an international student. Help students acclimate to Boulder by:
- answering logistical questions (can you recommend a cell phone company, how do I……)
- inviting the student to participate in holiday celebrations (Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.)
- picking up the student at the airport when they first land in Boulder
- providing temporary lodging when the student first arrives
- going on occasional hikes together
- making trips to local areas of interest
Contact Jennifer Hinton for more information about the Naropa International Network.
Thank you for supporting Naropa!
If you have questions or comments about the Annual Fund, feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jim Baillie, Development Officer